Monday, July 8, 2013

Engagement on Independence Day

It was a humid 4th of July, my parents were throwing their annual Independence day party, and though I love the party, and seeing the many friends and the family, I  was rather lonely, for Ethan was was working, and could not come as he normally would have.
However the day was enjoyable, my best of friends came and we had a feast! And after all the baby holding and good conversations, we went to see the firework show at the Ingham County fair grounds.
Ethan barely made it to the field and parked, before the fireworks began.
A lovely show this year it was, Ethan and I set in his car, our conversation was about which fireworks we liked best.
Quietly he said he had a question he was wanting to ask me, and then said the notorious question: "Will you marry me?" as he held out a petite ring, with a small square black diamond, which its glint was all I could see in the darkness. The darkness of which I made comment, and as he slid it onto my left hand, I said yes, I would.

When the show was over, we went and told my dad the good news, and he in turn announced it to the park "My daughter is engaged!"
Much congratulations and joy surrounded us, as the family cried and embraced us.

(His story to follow)



 (The photo taken outside of McDonald's in Mason, after having had ice cream with Brent and Eliza)

No comments:

Post a Comment